Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Busy Fall weekend

Its getting cold outside and before the famous or infamous Oregon Rain starts we wanted to finish up as much as possible outside before we can't get it done.  The deck needed a little attention. like lots of attention. after cleaning off the deck we power washed it all clean. taking years of outside dirt and rain off. then of course we have to wait for it to dry, then pick out a color and stain the deck. the cool thing about it is that we have all these benches that are on the edges of the deck that kind of make it look like a railing. but they move. so we have a lot of surface to cover with the stain. and because the outside of the house has just been painted we didn't want to get anything on it. what a difficult task that turned out to be.





This is the before pictures. poor sad deck.  until it gets a bath!




We choose a carmel brown color for the deck. its a neutral color that still lets the little imperfections of the deck show through and in my opinion it looks so much better than the old weathered wood. Im very happy with the way it turned out.  Thanks Ry and Don! your hard work is sure paying off! 

On Thrusday night Bushwhackers had a concert set up with a surprise special guest. The concert sold out a few days before so we were ready for a rockin night.  The doors were supposed to open at 6 and the concert start at 7, but there was a little tiny problem with people showing up on time (cough cough) celebrities i tell ya.  anyways the line outside the bar of people waiting to get in was crazy!

This is the line after it went in front of the bar and down the left side, then back up into the parking lot that you see here!


over 400 people waiting patiently in line to come in and see the concert

Once everyone got inside and found a seat, the concert started just a little after 7, with the special guest TRAILOR CHOIR! they sing the "rockin the beer gut" song. Big Vinny is seriously the funniest guy i have ever seen in concert. He wanted to Bust a move in the middle of dance floor. 


Big Vinney is in the Green hat, Crystal is the blonde, and i can't remeber the other guys name on the right. and our lovely Tara in the middle makin sure the band gets everything they need before the big show. 

as with all concerts that Bushwhackers has we have the band or singers sign the wall and we put up their pictures for all to see.  so of course we had to take pictures of the art work






And then on to the main event, Chris Young. He sings the song Take me Home. He has a great voice and put on an amazing show. he played for almost 2 hours and stayed after for a meet and great. then, after all his obligations were taken care of he still hung around and just enjoyed the evening at the bar with all the people that had shown up to support him. he was a great night.






So thats pretty much what our busy weekend was like. It started raining today so its time to bring the remodle inside! yeah

3 comments:

  1. How fun! I wish our remodel was moving as fast as yours is. Oh well I guess. Hopefully we'll be done before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah we are. I feel that's what we've done the last 2 years. My email is momfess@gmail.com Send me an email of what you are doing and I'll tell you what we have done and stuff. It's good to see what you've been doing, it's been forever. I glance at your mom's house everytime I pass. I bookmarked your blog and it saved as Ryan and Ally and I had to change it to Al. I've never called you Ally. I think I'm the only one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also saw that you left a comment on one of my other blogs. I have different ones so I can post different things for all of our crazy families. So we can keep secrets ;) Anyway look at 1fessfam.blogspot.com This is the one that I post everything on and the one I print out for our scrapbook/journal. And I really want your comments in my book.

    ReplyDelete