Tuesday, November 24, 2009

This week is Thanksgiving. And as it just so happens, i have a lot to be thankful for. 
Two Fridays ago Ryan, my amazing husband, planned a big suprise for me.  He usually works every friday night and has to be there about 530. well, on this particular friday night he told me that we had other plans and was not needed at work until later that night. I was suspicious, but didn't let it take away from the surprise.  Ryan took me down town to a tiny little whole in the wall Sushi place where we met up with a group of friends and an awesome diner. Ryan doesn't even like sushi.  The things that man would do for me because he loves me. Excellent gyoza and everything. man oh man it was yummy....  from there we headed to the Memorial collesum where we magically had tickets for JEFF DUNHAM!


 it was amazing. I was totally taken by surprise.  I was the only one in our group that had no idea what was happening or where we were going.  We had such a good time. At the end of the concert Jef Fa Fa brought out the CEO of the Oregon food banks and gave her a check for 25,000 dollars! it was amazing. He got a standing Ovation. Ryan is an amazingly thoughtful guy and would do anything for me. Im so glad that he got to have a friday night off where we could hang out with friends and not be at the bar.



We are in the process of picking out paint and carpet colors...what a chore that is truning out to be. We get a bunch of colors we think we like and bring them home and lay them on the floor...and nothing is what we expected it to be.  This color is to purple, this color looks green, this is to fluffy of carpet, this is to hard.Trying to figure out what kind of carpet to get let alone a color is a whole other job.  We are hoping to close on the sale of the house in the next 2 or 3 weeks.  The holidays fast approching make the schedule a little harder to work with.  We also have a wood burning fireplace in the front room that is red brick. we had to have the chimney swept.  kind of fun to watch.  lots of soot and charcoal. good thing that kittnes were at the vet getting fixed or we would have charcoal all over the house. 


This year Ryan and I decided to spend the holidays here in Oregon so i will not be seeing my mom or that side of the family in Utah for christmas.  Im trying to be brave about it and enjoy the family i have here.  We are having Thanksgiving at Stacey's house with Ryan's mom and dad, stacey's husbands side of the family and my Dad.  16 people in her house should help me keep my mind off of missing the big thanksgiving dinner in Utah.  It will be Ryan and I's first thanksgiving and christmas as a married couple and I cant wait to do things like get a chirstmas tree and hang the lights.  I love this time of year and i am bursting at the seams to get out the mannheim steamroller cd's.  


This is not our tree as we don't have on yet, i just couldn't resist.  I am hoping that i will have pictures of our house and its decorated glory in the next week or so.  HAPPY THANKSGIVING!





No comments:

Post a Comment