Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Dance Recital 2010

Let's go to the MOVIES!



Im on a frequent flyer program with South West this month apparently. I flew home again this last weekend. I know imagine that. Me flying home.  Mallory was in Mrs. Peek's annual dance recital at Northridge on Saturday night and I am just such the best sister that i flew home just to be here for it.

I got my suitcase out to pack it for the trip and set it on the couch. i was going between the bedroom and the bathroom and as i passed the suitcase, this is what i found.


My little kitty Stell, in my suitcase.

I actually got a lot accomplished while i was home this time. I flew in Friday morning and met the family for lunch. I went shopping with Mom and Mallory to get all the last minute things she needed for the recital. I was supposed to get to see Matt's baseball game friday night, but mother nature has forgotten that its summer time and just keeps dumping down the rain. His game was cancelled, so instead i went to Dress rehersal and kept my mother company.

Saturday morning I had my hair cut and colored by the Wonderful and Amazing Jolene.  I can't even begin to tell you how happy this made me. I have struggeled to find the perfect match for hairdressers in portland.  After nearly losing all my hair months before the wedding by a women who thought that bleaching it out and starting over with a new color was a good way to "highlight"...many many tears shed that day.   Jo is a very long time family friend and the offical hair lady for all the women in my family and most of the men. 

The process


After


7 inches gone bye bye and fresh summer highlights

After the hair, we went to Layton for a Bridal shower for Kevin's soon to be wife Amy.  It was at their new place and it was a family shower.  grandma's and aunts and cousins.  After the shower we went grocery shopping and then out to dinner with the whole family.  Grandpa wanted a picture of all his grand-girls.
Me chantel, and mallory and soon to be granddaughter in law amy.

Mallory did an awesome job at her recital. She does Tap, Jazz, ballet and point and she was in the closing production this year for the first time.
 
Mallory in her Rockin' Robin costume


Kick line...this was a jazz number but i don't remember what it was called.


and this is her other tap number....

she did such a great job. Im proud of you lil sister!

I have to take just a second and brag about my puppy. Harley is growing like a weed and we took similar pictures to show the size change.  Harley is 16 weeks old today. she goes to the vet again next tuesday. we love her so much and are so happy that she is a part of our little family.

 
Harley 9 weeks old


Harley 15 weeks old



No comments:

Post a Comment